MUHAMMAD ALI JINNAH AHMAD
Researcher cum Takaful Unit Leader
- 2004 – Masters in Islamic Management, Banking and Finance, Loughborough University, U.K.
- 2002 – Bachelor in Islamic Jurisprudence (Fiqh and Usul Fiqh) Al al-Bayt University, Jordan.
- March 2009 – Present – Researcher, International Shari’ah Research Academy for Islamic Finance (ISRA).
- Jul 2008 – March 2009 - Head of Department, Department of Banking and Finance, Faculty of Management and Mu’amalah, Selangor International Islamic University College (KUIS)
- Dec 2006 – Jul 2008 – Lecturer, Department of Mu’amalah, Faculty of Management and Mu’amalah, Selangor International Islamic University College (KUIS)
Areas of Interest
- Islamic Law of Transaction (Fiqh al-Mu’amalat)
- Islamic Jurisprudence (Usul al-Fiqh)
- Islamic Banking and Finance
- April 2013 – Present – Chairman, Shari’ah Committee (SC) for HSBC Amanah Takaful (M) Sdn. Bhd.
- Dec 2011 – Present – Member, Shari’ah Committee (SC) for BNP PARIBAS Malaysia Berhad
- March 2011 – April 2013 – Member, Shari’ah Committee (SC) for HSBC Amanah Takaful (M) Sdn. Bhd.
- The Offering of MRTT for Conventional Housing Loan (Co-Authors), ISRA Research Paper
- Shariah Parameters for the Application of Wadiah (Co-Authors). Journal of Advances in Natural and Applied Sciences, 6(8): 1414-1422.SCOPUS Indexed Journal.
- The Concept and Challenges of Takaful Investment in Malaysia (Co-Authors). ISRA Research Paper
- ISRA-Cagamas Islamic Financial System Textbook (Contributor for Chapter 8: Islamic Banking Operations and Instruments).
- The Parameter of Permissible Risks in Takaful, Research Notes, ISRA International Journal of Islamic Finance, Vol 3, Issues 2, 2011
- Managing Risks to Takaful Funds: A Dynamic Process (ISRA Bulletin, 2010)
- A New Retakaful Model Based on Wadi’ah, Research Notes, ISRA International Journal of Islamic Finance, Vol 2, Issues 1, 2010
- Do Credit Default Swap Have a Place in Islamic Finance? (ISRA Bulletin, 2009)
- Hibah bil Thawab: An Integral Part of Tabarru’ Philosophy (ISRA Bulletin, 2009)
- Krisis Kredit Menurut Perspektif Pengurusan Risiko Islam, Jurnal Muamalat JAKIM, 3/2010.