DR. SAID ADEKUNLE MIKAIL
- 2013: Ph.D. in Islamic Finance, AIKOL, International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM), (Scholar of ISRA Shariah Scholarship Award)
- 2009: Masters of Comparative Law (MCL), AIKOL , International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM)
- 2007: English Proficiency, Centre for Languages and Pre-University Academic Development (CELPAD), IIUM.
- 2006: LLB (Shariah), Islamic University of Madinah, KSA.
- 2003: Arabic Calligraphy, Centre for Skills Development, Islamic University of Madinah, KSA.
- 2000: Ijaazat for Quranic Sciences and Recitation, Zakariyyah Institute of Quranic Sciences, Nigeria.
- 1998-2002: Arabic and Islamic Teaching Certificate, Imam University of Riyadh & Islamic University of Madinah, KSA.
- August 2013-Present: Researcher, International Shariah Research Academy for Islamic Finance (ISRA).
- January 2014-Present: Lecturer (Part-Time), International Centre for Education in Islamic Finance (INCEIF)-The Global Islamic Finance University
- May 2013-July 2013: Research Officer, International Shariah Research Academy for Islamic Finance (ISRA).
- January 2009-April 2013: Research Assistant, International Shariah Research Academy for Islamic Finance (ISRA).
- 2009-2010: Tutor, Islamic Law Department, AIKOL, International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM).
Areas of Interest
- Islamic jurisprudence and legal theory (Fiqh & Usul Fiqh)
- Islamic commercial laws (fiqh muamalat ) & Maqasid al-Shariah (Objectives of Islamic law)
- Shariah issues in Islamic economics
- Shariah issues in Islamic banking
- Shariah issues in Takaful and Retakaful
- Shariah issues in Islamic capital market
- Shariah and Technical Issues in Islamic venture capital and private equity
- April 2014-Present: Expert Witness, Musharakah Mutanaqisah (Concepts, Applications and Deliberations) ISRA Consultancy Sdn Bhd.
- July 2014-Present: Trainer, Muammalat Consultancy and Training (MC&T)
- November 2013-Present: Partner, Muslim Scholarship Fund of Nigeria (MSFN-Nigeria).
- Feb & Sep 2013: Trainer (Part-Time), Executive Programme in Takaful, INCEIF.
- 2008-Present, Chairman, AlBirr Cooperative, Investment and Credit Society (ACICS-Nigeria).
- IRP No 57/2013 Offering MRTT for the Borrowers of Conventional Housing Loans: An Analysis from A Shariah Perspective
- IRP No 66/2014 Protecting Takaful from the Risk of Failure: A Critical Appraisal of the Takaful and Insurance Benefits Protection System in Malaysia.
- زكاة الديون المصرفية المؤجلة: عرض وتقييم (Zakat on Deferred Debts in Banking Institutions: A Critical Analysis and Evaluation (Review Process).
- Debt from Shariah Perspective (on going)
- Historical Development of Islamic Venture Capital: An Appraisal (Journal of Applied Sciences Research, 7 (13): 2377-2384, Scopus, 2011)
- Characterization of ijārah mawṣūfah fi al-dhimmah in Islamic jurisprudence (Research Note at ISRA Journal December Issue, Scopus, 2013)
- A Critical Study On Sharīʿah Compliant And SharīʿAh Based Products In Islamic Banking Institutions (Journal of Islamic and Human Advanced Research (JIHAR), Vol. 3, Issue 4, April 2013, 168-189)
- Doctrine of Judicial Precedents in Syariah Courts (MCP, Issued 2 of 2013)
- القواعد الفقهيّة المنظمة للاستثمارات المشتركة: رأس المال الجريء نموذجاً JIHAR, April 2013.
- The Evolution of Islamic venture capital in Malaysia: An Expository Study, (MCP, Issued 3, 2013).
- Feasibility of Application of Judicial Precedents in Syariah Courts, LexisNexis Dec, Issue, 2013
- Islamic venture capital in Nigeria: Constraints and Opportunities in Kabiru, Isa Dandago, A.D. Muhammad and U.A. Oseni (Eds.), Essentials of Islamic Banking and Finance in Nigeria, Benchmark Publishers Limited: (Kano) Nigeria, 2013.
- Doctrine of Judicial Precedent from Syariah Perspective in Ashgar Ali Ali Muhammad (ed.) Harmonization of Shariah and Civil Law, 2014. (under review).
- Islamic Venture Capital in Malaysia: Development, Constraints and Way forward, International Journal of Excellence in Islamic Banking and Finance, issue 4, No 1. March, 2014.
- An Analysis of Ethical Values in Islamic Entrepreneurship, International Journal of Excellence in Islamic Banking and Finance (under review).