BURHANUDDIN BIN LUKMAN
- Bachelor degree in Shariah (Islamic Law) from Islamic University of Medina, Saudi Arabia 1993
- Masters degree in Fiqh and Usul al-Fiqh from AL al-Bayt University, Jordan
- Thesis: The Investment of Waqf assets in Malaysia an Islamic Jurisprudence
- Comparative Study
- Shari’i Lawyer Certificate - issued by Jabatan Agama Islam Wilayah Persekutuan (Islamic Authority in Federal Territories of Malaysia) which entitles the holder to practise in Shariah Courts
- Shariah Advisory Certificate – issued by Securities Commission of Malaysia, which allows the bearer to be appointed as advisor for Sukuk issuance and
- investment funds.
- Has vast experience in both academic and industrial practices of Shariah and Islamic banking and finance, at both commercial and regulatory levels.
- Has more than 20 years of experience in teaching Shariah subjects at university.
Areas of Interest
- Islamic banking and finance
- Islamic banking efficiency and financial performance
- Accounting and auditing for Islamic financial institutions
Referee For Journal Articles:(among others)
- Issues Of Taqsir And Ta’addi, Guarantee And Managing Moral Hazard In Mudarabah And Musharakah Products, ISRA article, 2013
- Islamic credit cards in Malaysia: Shari’ah Issues and Challenges, ISRA article, 2012
- Foreign Exchange (FX) Swaps: An Analysis from Fiqh and Maqasid Al- Shari'ah, ISRA article 2012